Remade In Italy
Italy has recently adopted an Action Plan for the environmental sustainability of consumption of public administration, which takes inspiration from the guidelines stated by the European Commission in 2008.
The plan has the goal of:
- Spreading a culture of environmental innovation in the market.
- Causing buyers to adopt a Life Cycle Thinking approach.
- Responding effectively to global challenges of environmental sustainability.
- Increasing efficiency and cost savings in the use of resources, thus reducing CO2 emissions.
- Reducing the use of hazardous substances and waste production.
Green Public Procurement (GPP) is certainly an important tool that will be increasingly used in the years to come in Italy and across Europe to procure furniture with a reduced environmental impact.
Within this framework, Diemmebi has decided to implement a more circular approach by including recycled compounds in the production of some plastic components.
This process will certainly involve our new collection MakeUP, but also a selection of older models such as laMIA and Volèe.
All the packaging containing recycled components will be identified with a new code and description, as well as by a label Remade in Italy.